Study in Barbados and Requirements
Application Process, College, Courses and Universities
Barbados is an island nation in the Lesser Antilles, in the Caribbean region of North America. Education on this island is based on British norms. The government spends 6.7% of its GDP on education. As Barbados is located between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean, it has an economic and social structure that helps fulfill its development. It has good social stability and a growing economy. Its excellent environment with powdery sand, exotic wildlife, pleasing environment, high living style, globally recognized degree and beautiful landscape make it a perfect destination for education. Barbados has a 100% literacy rate also holding a huge collection of scholars, sportspeople, musicians etc. The country also offers the experience of rich culture and a friendly environment.
Why Study in Barbados
Reasons to Join Institutes of Barbados
After getting independence from the United Kingdom in 1966, very few changes were made in its Education System. Therefore the model of the Barbadian Education System is very close to the British System. There are many institutes in this country which are hundred years old to the days of British time. Higher Education institutes of Barbados provide top-quality education. 250 American University students choose to study in Barbados every year. It also maintains strong partnerships with Universities like Oxford, John Hopkins and McGill in various countries like the U.K, U.S.A and Canada. There are many reasons to study in Barbados, which are as follow:
- In Barbados, teachers move according to the learning power of the students.
- The Ministry of Education provides lesson plans to the instructors to develop classroom techniques.
- Gender equality prevails in the Education system.
- The government aids disabled students. There are two public schools for learners with disabilities.
- The involvement of parents exists in the academic progress of the learners.
- The Ministry of Education works closely with the Educational Institutes to assure fair and complete testing in Institutions.
Requirements to Study in Barbados
There is a huge range of courses that are offered at graduate and undergraduate levels. There are three levels of gaining knowledge such as primary education, secondary education and higher education. The courses like Business, Management and Design are well known in Barbados. The government of Barbados also offers several scholarship opportunities to International Students. To apply for a student visa in Barbados, students must have the following documents-
- Two application forms are required: - H-1 and H-2 and application fee. Complete the appropriate application form.
- Photocopy of a valid passport.
- Four passport-size photographs.
- Photocopy of birth certificate.
- Academic credentials.
- Letter of acceptance from the Institution.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Evidence of financial resources.
- A police certificate of character (PCC).
- Parent’s consent proof (if required).