Students must have a Canadian Study Permit in order to Study in Canada. Application can be applied Online or through a paper application.
This paper application can be obtained from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website. But it is recommendable to check the processing
time in advance as Paper Applications typically take about twice as long.
Here is the process for obtaining a Canadian Student Visa:
- Check the processing time: The procedure of visa application usually takes 3-4 weeks. So, students must go through the Canadian consulate website to know the approximate time required for the process of student visa. Always remember, the time shown on the website is just an estimate, not a guarantee.
Determine your way to apply: There are two ways to apply for Student Visa.
- Online: A student must have access to a scanner or camera to generate copies of your documents for uploading and a valid credit card for fee payment for applying Visa online.
- In person: Download the application form after reading the instructions carefully. Complete your application form with the help of these instructions.
- Fill a consent form to get the full assistance of Visa Filing Process. You can get help of consultants for this process.
- Pay Processing Fee: Visa fees in addition to embassy charges must be paid to complete the application process. This processing fee is non-refundable. Moreover, if your spouse/common-law partner/children are accompanying you on your temporary visa, then appropriate processing fees must be paid for them.
- Submit your application: After processing fee, submission of application form is must. The student will receive a receipt containing a unique tracking number.
- After successful approval of your visa application, candidates will receive a notification requesting passport by Canadian Government. Students should not worry about their visa process, Pyramid provides proper guidance about the application process.