Canada resumes flights from India with additional measures
Finally, the Canadian government resumed direct flights to Canada on 27 September after 5 months, bringing big relief to students longing to study in Canada. Currently, Air Canada flights have been started from Delhi; flights may soon start from other airports if everything goes well. With the restrictions now lifted, all travellers, including students from India, can now travel to Canada with some additional precautionary measures. Here are the latest measures by the Canadian government that travellers must follow.
New testing requirements for direct flights from India to Canada
- Travellers must have proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular test from the approved Laboratory at the Delhi airport. The Laboratory is located above the metro station in the Airport Connect Building at the Indira Gandhi International Airport.
- The test must be taken within 18 hours of the scheduled departure of their direct flight to Canada.
- Fully vaccinated travellers will have uploaded their information into the “ArriveCAN” mobile app or website.
- Travellers who are unable to meet these requirements will be denied boarding.
- Travellers travelling via an indirect route will continue to be required to obtain a valid negative Covid-19 molecular test from that country within 72 hours before continuing their journey to Canada.
Accepted COVID-19 vaccines in Canada
As of now, the following vaccinations has been approved by the government of Canada
- Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
- Moderna (Spikevax, mRNA-1273)
- AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
Out of these, as of now, the only vaccination which is available in India is COVISHIELD. Therefore, Indian students travelling to Canada are advised to get COVISHIELD vaccination only. The Bharat Biotech's (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C) has not been approved yet by the government of Canada, which means those who have taken Covaxin jabs will not be considered eligible to travel to Canada.
In addition to the above requirement, people, including international students traveling to Canada, must have a 14-day quarantine plan. If they do not meet the requirements of a fully vaccinated traveller, they will have to be quarantined.
Flights were originally suspended in April after the Covid-19 case gained momentum during the second wave. As a result, most Indian students either had to opt for online classes or postpone their study programs. Since flights have resumed, students can now take a direct flight from India to Canada to attend their classes in person.
Students planning to study in Canada in January 2022 intake are advised to secure their seats at the earliest because seats are limited. For guidance, they can visit any of our branches to meet Canada study visa experts or call at 92563-92563.
It is no secret how adversely the coronavirus pandemic
ਯੂਕੇ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਨੇ ਕੋਵੀਸ਼ਿਲਡ ਦੇ ਦੋਨੋ ਟੀਕੇ ਲਗਵਾਏ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਲਈ 10 ਦਿਨਾਂ ਦੀ
Studying in Canada has become one of the most sought-after decisions these